New member introduction: Sanjay Srivastava

vaidya_sundaram@i2.com Vaidya_Sundaram at I2.COM
Mon Jul 30 21:13:43 CDT 2001

----- Forwarded by Vaidya Sundaram/Dallas/US/i2Tech on 07/31/01 10:24 AM
-----

"Sanjay Srivastava" <sksrivastava68 at hotmail.com>
07/30/01 11:02 PM
Re: Welcome and Request for more info.
Dear Sir
My interest in spirituality started since my childhood days. But it is
only very recently I came in touch with advaita vedanta after taking a
long detour through Buddha, Osho, Krishnamurthy, Raman, Nisargdatta
Maharaj and Ramesh Balsekar. After that I had brief encounters with some
traditional advaita teachers at Rishikesh. While some of them outrightly
rejected to teach to a Kayastha ( which does not exactly fit anywhere into
a four varna model) others were evasive. Presently I am studying Vedanta
under guidance of Sri Uday Acharya and Sri Ram Mohan- both disciples of
Swami Dayananda Saraswati.By the way, I would like to know traditional
stand regarding learning of Vedanta by someone who has not had his
Upanayana.

Namaskar
Sanjay