A book for all

Soumitra Mukherjee drsubho at VSNL.NET
Fri Oct 12 15:38:02 CDT 2001

Namaskar to all subscribers of this site.

This is my first mail to all of you through which I would like to bring to your notice one book written by Swami Sadhanananda Giri who happens to be an Acharya in the path of Kriyayoga.

The book is  -

YOGA -ITS MYSTERY & PERFORMING ART

By-YOGACHARYA SWAMI SADHANANDA GIRI.

(Translated by Dr Kalyan Bhattacharya)

Price Rs. 150.00

(The original book in Bengali is -Yoga O Sadhan Rahasya)

Please don't think it as a propaganda or advertisement of the book as that would narrow down our objective of collective enrichment.

The book was first written in Bengali in 1985.Till now 4 editions have been published & has really changed the life of many- like me- by inspiring & infusing in them the truth- that Yoga is not something strange or enigmatic, nor a figment of fancy. The book depicts yoga as an easy & simple method of performing art, for all people, which is firmly grounded in reality.

The most important thing for the common man is that the intensely secret, absolute & ultimate topic of Yoga has probably never before appeared in print in such a simple & straightforward exposition.

The book attempts to show the way to make this mortal sojourn meaningful & how to saturate this worldly life within the radiations of eternity.

The book attempts to suffice all persons in the path of yoga. So for a common man it starts depicting what is Yoga & its necessity for all of us. Swamiji says it not in the obscure nooks in the Himalaya or into the inaccessible sylvan retreats of the Narmada that we have to move to achieve the Union with the Supreme Soul.

 So starting from "What is Yoga" the text moves to the general classification of Yoga, components of the Yoga, Pranayama & the entity of the Kulakundalini or the Serpent power. Up to this we can have from any book on Yoga.

But here forth starts the unique style of Swami Sadhanananda.

Swamiji next narrates the exact way of practicing the different mudras i.e. the Khechari Mudra, Mahamudra, Sambhabi Mudra, Mulavanda Mudra, Bhramari, and Yonimudra etc.

He touches every minute detail of these Mudras stating clearly the experience of a new practicer of the Mudra & also the ultimate feelings of an advanced Sadhaka.He also explains the results of these practices. Swamiji clearly states that all practice of Yoga must be carried out under the guidance of a Guru.

Next he moves to clearly state the sequential acts of different Asana & Mudra in practicing Kriyayoga.As you know that Kriyayoga is divided into 4 parts i.e. The First Kriya. The Second Kriya etc. In chapters after chapter he describes the way of actual practicing this Kriyayoga. The experience of the Balak Sadhaka (a new practitioner) & the hurdles that his mind poses for him are not spared. But Swamiji states that this flickering are all but natural & it proves that you are in the right track. The Samaskara That you are born with drives you to it. But keep faith in yourself & implore your Guruji so that those are destroyed.

The book ends with a chapter that demonstrates the commonness of all religions. That the belief of all Sarvadharmasannaya is not a myth but a fact based on reality is shown here. Almost all the religious scriptures in one way or the other enjoin the practice Yoga. The Buddhist Ana pan Smriti, the Islamic Zikar, the Pranayama of our traditional scriptures may sound different but the central theme is identical. The Islamic Noor & the Jyoti of our scriptures are one & the same. The framework of the book stresses this thematic synthesis.

This masterpiece with its clear, grand presentation of doctrines as such & perceptive exposition of the highest realm of thought & meditation makes it a must for all the followers of Truth.

At last I sh             At last I would like to comment only that on 5th July, 2001, on the day of Gurupurnima he stated that all our performance of Yoga is aimed at making ourselves pure & capable, so that The Guru can bestow his blessings us.The book is obtainable from-

Jujarshah Jogashrama
PO & Vill- Jujarshah
Via-Andul Mouri
West Bengal India