Varna and one more

Shrinivas Gadkari sgadkari2001 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Oct 17 14:34:45 CDT 2001

On Wed, 17 Oct 2001 17:08:33 +0000, Badri Narayanan Velamur Asokan ><DIV>i
somewhat disagree on the above argument because, whatever be the case, is
the purpose of advaitins to go behind deivsing powerful yagnas , getting
better medicine and style of living??</DIV>
><DIV>i personally deem that vedas are not to be researched and analysed
sine analysis of vedas they themselves being authoritative texts fulfilling
the bridge between an individual and guiding him in his quest for the
ultimate brahman. </DIV>
><DIV>well this requires further discussion,</DIV>

Namsate Badri,

Agreed we are in the advaitin forum. As I see it, I am first and
foremost seeking to understand the Veda. By Veda, I mean no text.
By Veda I mean the eternal knowledge on all aspects of life.
Vedanta to me, are the fundamental principles on which the Vedic
knowledge is founded. Vedanta itself is understood differently
by different schools. My understanding aligns more closely to the
Advaita school. So I would call myself, first a student of Veda,
then a Vedantin and then an Advaitin. So being an Advaitin can
not rule out interest in Veda.

Sure we can discuss this further. To summarize my views I list
a pointer to one of my posting in the advaitin forum.
We can discuss difference of opinion.