Samdhya Meditation and Agnihotra

miinalochanii paashamochanii miinalochanii at YAHOO.COM
Wed Oct 31 16:26:17 CST 2001

--- Aniruddhan <ani at EE.WASHINGTON.EDU> wrote:
> namaste,
>
> >Most people combine the morning and noon sandhya-s these days.
>
> Do you mean most people perform the madhyannikam immediately after
> the
> morning sandhya vandanam in the morning itself? or combine the two,
> and do
> just one sandhya vandanam in the morning?

I meant the former. One of my friends does the latter, by combining the
sankalpam-s. The correct approach is given below.

-------------
http://www.kamakoti.org/hindudharma/part17/chap12.htm

Even in these days it is not difficult to perform sandhyavandana both
at dawn and dusk. Office goers and other workers may not be at home
during midday. They may perform the madhyahnika (the midday vandana) 2
hours 24 minutes after sunrise that is called "sangava kala".

I do not do any of these. I simply skip mAdhyAhnika. Once in a while I
feel guilty about my adharmic life style and go to one of the empty
rooms in my office and meditate on gAyAtri for 15 minutes before lunch.

=====
ambaaL daasan

Ravi

sharaNAgata raxakI nivEyani sadA ninnu nammiti mInAxI

http://www.ambaa.org/  http://www.advaita-vedanta.org

http://personals.yahoo.com