Rituals

Sunny Bhardwaj sunny_bhardwaj at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 14 09:08:14 CDT 2001

Hi Everyone,

I don't know if this kind of question is appropriate for this list, but I'll
ask anyway :)

Is there any relevance or benefit in observing rituals such as Shraadh, or
performing Yagnas in this age of Kali? I have heard from some followers of
Bhakti Yoga that the age for which these were prescribed was a different one
and the only way to salvation in the Kali Yuga is Bhakti. They say that
there are so many things to be done if one follows the way of the Vedas (?
I'm not sure if that's the right way to put it) that he is bound to get
lost. If he undertakes Bhakti, everything is taken care of by the Lord.

Thanks a lot,
Sunny Bhardwaj