What is rightful for the US?

Ravishankar Venkatraman sunlike at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 14 17:39:48 CDT 2001

Chandrashekaran Venkataraman wrote:
>harm our enemy and put them to grieve willingly. But as a government given
>the duty of protecting its hundreds of millions of people, it needs to
>defend its nation and only way is aggression against enemy which will
>invariably
>lead to killing of many innocent lives besides achieving its purpose. Does
>gita support the latter part? What do you all think about this moment of
>decision?

Karma done with good intention and selflessness is good. While Osama Bin
Laden and his supporters may use this sentence in one way to justify their
actions, the US government and their allies is also justified to punish
them. Eventually, by getting rid of these people, we save innocent lives.

Please read the article in Kanchi Kamakoti website. This is a translation of
Mahaswami Sri Chandrasekharendra Saraswati Swamiji's lectures.

http://www.kamakoti.org/hindudharma/part21/chap7.htm

It cannot be described by words, how people use the name of Islam and other
religions to do such dastardly activities. Let us pray for the departed
souls to get a place in Heaven near God and their families to get peace of
mind.

God bless,

Ravi