Study of Vedas

Srikrishna Ghadiyaram srikrishna_ghadiyaram at YAHOO.COM
Fri Apr 12 23:02:07 CDT 2002

Hari Om !!

--- Ashish Chandra <ramkisno at HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:

> That is what I was doubting i.e. can swadharma and
> following the lead of
> your ancestors the same or do they differ, as they
> most certainly do in my
> case. Swami Chandrashekharendra Sarasvatiji teaches
> through his book that
> we must follow the dharma of our ancestors. So I was
> just thinking that
> since Vedas have not been studied in my line for
> quite some time, has my
> swadharma changed. Of course, if one takes the view
> that those who deviated
> from their swadharma in the past erred in doing so
> (or were pushed into
> giving up their swadharma), can it be said that
> those errors can be
> corrcted now?
>
> ashish

The ultimate Swadharma is Selfhood. Yes, many of us
including our ancestors have gone away from our
Selfhood. So, we should not just get stuck with
Profession and livelyhood only as our Swadharma. I
believe, depending on our eagerness and intensity of
desire, we should continue our lively hood activity
and start travelling towards our Selfhood which is our
Swa Dharma.

It is a practice to shed our mental views of
differences and start thinking  all beings as ONE.
Ofcourse, this is not a miracle transformation, but
try we must. It is our Swadharma.

Om Namo Narayanaya !!

Srikrishna