Summary (of "Question", "braHmavid=Krishna?" series of mails) (fwd)

Kiran B R kiranbr at ROCKETMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 28 03:59:58 CDT 2002

--- Venkatraman.Chandrasekaran at NOKIA.COM wrote:
> A jIvanmuktha is said to not do anything out of
> samkalpa.
> If his body does something it is due to praarabdha
> and
> internally he doesn't feel limited due to his body's
>
> limtations since he is devoid of desires and
> samkalpas.
> So even if his body doesn't perform any feats, as a
> mundane
> person would eagerly expect, it doesn't an iota
> change
> the status of the realised. I am sure other people
> have
> stressed upon this point.

Please note that the question is not if his body
"does" not perform any feats. The question is, "can"
his body perform "any" feat?

Internally, he may feel anything. But externally, can
he do "any" thing? Internally, one can feel like the
Prime Minister. But only an external test can prove if
he really is.

Consider this: I may be devoid of the desire of eating
grapes just because I can't jump high enough. I might
even call the grapes sour. I might even say that there
ain't no such thing called as grapes. I might kill the
go-get-grapes samkalpa. But the fact remains that I
cannot jump high enough.

And now consider this: I may be devoid of the desire
of eating grapes even with the presence of the
capability of jumping high enough. Then I might say
that there ain't no such thing called as grapes. If
someone asks me to go-get the grapes, I must be able
to modify whatever it takes in my body to jump high
enough, jump high enough and get the grapes.

>From the absence of samkalpa, capability of performing
the act cannot be inferred. And given the absense in
anybody of the wildest capability one can think of,
there remains a duality between him and whatever it is
that prevents him from possessing that capability.

Dhanyavaad
Kiran