brahmavid=Krishna

Aniruddhan ani at EE.WASHINGTON.EDU
Fri Aug 30 10:59:35 CDT 2002

namaste,

>Not if it is claimed that the braHman controls
>"worldly reality".

Brahman indeed doesn't control "worldly reality", since at the paramarthika
level, nothing other than brahman exists, and Brahman is actionless. At the
vyavaharika level, Ishvara controls the world. It is also true that Ishvara
is Brahman, but the two states should not be confused.

>Oh! You're starting it again! My friend, first test
>capability before testing if the capability will be
>excercised or not. Something like this:
>
>1: if(capable=true)
>2:  {
>3:   ask("Dear Sir, will you do it?");
>4:   if (answer=no)
>5:    {
>6:    ask("Why not?");
>7:    }
>8:   else /*answer=yes*/

There can be a third response to this question, which is silence, and this
would be the typical answer of a Brahmavid to most people.

Sruti smRti purANAnAm Alayam karuNAlayam
namAmi bhagavatpAda Sam.karam lokaSam.karam

Aniruddhan