Books

Rajesh Sarin Rajesh_Sarin at RIL.COM
Fri Dec 20 02:10:35 CST 2002

A good Collection (and affordable too !!) is available from
Gayatri Parivar Centres. It is available with translations in
English, Hindi and Gujarati. The commentator is Pt. Shriram
Sharma Acharya.

A complete set of all the 4 Vedas, could cost something like
Rs 700 or so !
Similarly Upanishads are also available from Gayatri Parivar,
with Hindi and Gujarati translations. Cost could be in the range
Rs 400 !

For Puranas, Gita Press, Gorakhpur have a good collection.
These books are available at most of the Dharmik Pustak
Vendors. Again the motto of the organisation is publicising
Ancient Indian Knowledge at very low priced editions

Another publisher for Vedas, Upanishads, Puranas is :
SANSKRITI SANSTHAN
Khwaja Kutub, (Vednagar), Bareli - 243003 - UttarPradesh.
Phone 0581-474242 or 2474242.
They also send books by VPP and books are with Hindi translation.
The commentator for Vedas is Pt. Shriram Sharma Acharya of Gayatri
Parivar and a complete set of Vedas costs approx Rs 400.

Vijay Naik <vijay_naik1010 at YAHOO.COM>@LISTS.ADVAITA-VEDANTA.ORG> on
20-12-2002 12:35:18

Please respond to List for advaita vedanta as taught by Shri Shankara
       <ADVAITA-L at LISTS.ADVAITA-VEDANTA.ORG>

Sent by:    List for advaita vedanta as taught by Shri Shankara
       <ADVAITA-L at LISTS.ADVAITA-VEDANTA.ORG>

||aum namo bhagavate vAsudevAya||

Namaskar,

As my mind dwells more and more into The subject
discussed,I feel an acute need for original books.

Can anybody tell me where I can find books in SamskRt
with a commentary in Marathi (preferably), Hindi OR
English?

I would like to buy/borrow/beg (not steal) the books
like Veda s,Upanishadas,Puranas and more.. especially
with a commentary/translation into a prAkRt language
like Marathi , my mother tongue, a language I can
fully understand.

Also, I have found that to read the shlokas in any
script other than devnAgari becomes difficult.

Please mention Commentator/Publication also.

Hari Aum

Vijay S. Naik