Himanshu Dave

Srikrishna Ghadiyaram srikrishna_ghadiyaram at YAHOO.COM
Thu Feb 21 11:38:29 CST 2002

Hari Om !!

Hemant probably refers to the following sentences of
yours:

-------------

--- hbdave <hbd at DDIT.ERNET.IN> wrote:

> Dear List members,
> Here is the posting no. 2.

Some rare person sees this [Self] like a wonderful
thing, some rare
person describes it in wonder, some listens about it
as a
wonderful thing and some do not get to know it even
after hearing about
it.
        (Geeta 2-29)

The first type of person has a direct and unmistakable
contact with the
Ultimate Reality. These are the most profound persons
and are called
{\skt paramaha.msa} (those who have finally achieved
oneness with the
Ultimate
Reality). They generally keep quiet. In recent times
in our country,
two
persons come to my mind -- {\skt raamak.r.s.na
paramaha.msa} and
{\skt rama.na mahar.si} -- who can be called this way.
--------------------

It is my opinion that Hemant over reacted to these
sentences (if it were not just to be quizical). Also,
I think, he missed the word 'In recent times in our
country,' , that you used before referring to these
two sages by example.

I personally believe, Swami Sivananda, Mata
Amritanandamayi, Paramacharya HH Swami Chandrasekhara
Saraswati (and there should be many more) of this
highest category of sages. Unfortunately, we do not
come to know them or recognise them. All of us want to
see our own Gurus at that highest rank for it
satisfies our mental needs.

Om Namo Narayanaya !!

Srikrishna