Advaita : Some Basic Explanations - 8

hbdave hbd at DDIT.ERNET.IN
Thu Feb 28 02:15:28 CST 2002

Dear List Members,

Here is posting no. 8.

As I am posting this, riots are going on in major cities of Gujarat
like Ahmedabad, Baroda, Surat, even in my own town (which generally
keeps out of trouble) Nadiad. These are due to burning of more than
55 inocent people - majority of them women and children trapped
in Sabarmati Express yesterday morning. You might have read/heard
about it.

Only fault of those burned down was that they were returning after
a Darshan of Rama Mandir at Ayodhya.

What can one do in such situation? Where is humanity going?
What is the use of Religion if it does not teach us to live like
brothers and sisters, all children  of the One and only Father/Mother?

I simply put down a shloka as a Shantipath :

vande "sriimadraama.m  sadgurumati"saantisiitayaa .a.a "sli.s.tam |
kaamaadiraak.sasaari.m bhavajaladhau tatvabodhasetukaram ||

I pray  to Shri Rama, co-joined with Sita who is nothing but extreme
Shanti (in Nirvikalpa Samadhi), enemy of Raksasas like Kama, Krodha,
etc., builder of a bridge in form of Tatvabodha in the ocean of Samsara,

who is decorated by the beauty of Brahmavidya.

-- Himanshu