[Fwd: Sabda - Bhartrihari]

Swarna Venkateswara Swamy truthseeker123x at YAHOO.COM
Sun Jul 21 05:58:30 CDT 2002

Dear Shri Ken,

Very interesting. I have not been following the
earlier mails in this thread (about the grammar) but
this, somehow caught my attention. Can a similar
connection be established between Siva and numbers?

Swamy

--- ken knight <hilken_98 at YAHOO.COM> wrote:
> --- "H.B.Dave" <hbd at DDIT.ERNET.IN> wrote:
>
> Namaste,
>
> You posted some detailed notes on the matrika which
> have only recently been able to access.  Thank you
> for
> these.  I am summarising a book on Kashmiri
> Shaivism,
> for my own research, by Lakshmana Joo and will put
> it
> below in case anyone may be interested. I had sent
> this privately to Shrinivas but it may be of
> interest
> to others on this site; I hope that it is not out of
> accord with the moderators though.
> I have had to correct some of it as in the printing
> of
> the book there is a major error in one section.  I
> have collated here the chapters on the Tattvas and
> the
> matrika,
>
> I hope that it is of use,
>
> ken Knight
>
> ps. I notice that my marking font for the Sanskrit
> is
> not coming out well when copied here.  The relevant
> book is very cheap...'Kashmiri Shaivism: The Secret
> Supreme' published by SUNY 1988. If anyone is
> interested in picking this thread up and cannot make
> sense of the transliteration I will be happy to
> answer
> any query away from this site.
> Sorry if it is too confusing.
>
> Maatrrikaacakra  :  The theory of the alphabet
>
> Lord SZiva, the reflector of this whole universe, is
> full of five energies noted here with the letters
> from
> the anuttara 'a' to the visarga 'hh':
>
> cit szakti: the energy of consciousness
> anaanda szakti: the energy of bliss
>          aa       these are inseparable, unmanifest
>
> icchaa szakti: the energy of will
>             i   residing peacefully in its own
> nature
>
>                           i  remains residing in Its
> own bliss but is
>
>                               agitated will ( this
> is
> not desire)
>
> #jn[aana szakti: the energy of knowledge
>       u   unmesza..the universal existence is about
>

>                               begin. There is
> apprehension ( uunataa )  in
>
>                               Lord SZiva's
> consciousness that if movement
>
>                               begins there will be a
> loosening of 'my own
>
>                               nature'
>

>                          uu  the apprehension (
> uunataa )  that his cit szakti
>
>                               may be decreased keeps
> Lord SZiva at a
>
>                              standstill
>

>                          rri
>
>                          rri     the state wherein
> Lord SZiva  has rejected
>                                            lrri
>  the universe and is residing in his own
>
>                        lrri     nature.
>

>                                    These four vowels
> are called amrita bija,
>
>                                    residing in his
> own
> [...]

=====
in search of truth and with prayers to Govinda to help reach  that goal in this life itself, and with best wishes to you that your goals may be reached,

yours sincerely,