advaita lifestyle

Subrahmanian, Sundararaman V [IT] sundararaman.v.subrahmanian at CITIGROUP.COM
Wed Jul 31 08:41:50 CDT 2002

I am guessing from your mail that you are new to Vedic study (not that I am
well-versed, infact certainly not).  I will carefully formulate a reply to
explain what shruti "basically" contains.  I will write to you in a few days
time.  The answer is not a one liner -:)

-----Original Message-----
From: gaurav goel [mailto:grvgl at YAHOO.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2002 7:25 AM
To: ADVAITA-L at LISTS.ADVAITA-VEDANTA.ORG
Subject: Re: advaita lifestyle

Pranam Sri Subrahmanian Ji,

I think Upnishads are the source of 'shruti'. Are
there any other sources for them?
If I decide to read only 'shruti' and read them again
and again without going to any other literature, will
that be sufficient?
how does 'advaita' relate bhakti to jnan. i have heard
that without bhakti and God's grace, jnan is not
possible.

thanks and regards,

gaurav goel