New member introduction: Sriram Subramanian

Fri Mar 22 14:38:06 CST 2002

I have only recently started learning what it is meant to be an Iyer.  I
was born in India, and was familiar with the Iyer rituals, but didn't
understand the context or the history behind them.  A couple of months
back I read the book "In search of the cradle of civilization" by Subhash
Kak and others, which sort of gave me a fresh new perspective on our
ancients and our religion.  Since then I am trying to learn more about our
philosophy and how to be a good practitioner of our religion.

regards,
Sriram