Kashmiri Shaivism

swamy swarna swamyswarna at YAHOO.COM
Mon May 6 08:36:26 CDT 2002

Dear friends!

If Jiva is the creator, can we think of it as a case
of the spider getting enmeshed or trapped by its own
web?

In quite a few vedantic texts, Viveka Chudamani, for
one, it is said, mind is the cause of all bondage and
mind is the cause for moksha! In Sloka 114, it is said
that the Rajas Guna is the root cause of the Jiva
getting trapped in doing Karma. And interestingly, it
is the same Rajas Guna, which is responsible for
Creation (Brahma, the Creator is said to be propelled
by this Guna).

So a mind full of desires is the cause of the bondage
and a mind free from desires is the means for
attaining Moksha.

A Jiva is probably a projection of the Self
(Paramatma) through a specific window of a
multi-dimensional space into or onto this
three-dimensional world. So when the Jiva tries to
trace back its origin through that window backwards,
it encounters the window (mind). And if the Jiva can
go beyond, it does reach the true Self, i.e. itself.
Am I making sense?

I would like learned members to throw more light on
this.

Swamy Swarna

http://www.braincells.com/shailaja/