Concept of personal God and Advaita

Swarna Venkateswara Swamy truthseeker123x at YAHOO.COM
Sun May 19 05:52:25 CDT 2002

Hari Om. The concept of personal God is relevant as
long as we feel separate from Him. But if we can
transcend beyond shape, form and other attributes,
i.e. not reject them, but include them as a subset in
a superset, the idea of ourselves being separate from
God disappears and we realise that we are not separate
from Him and from other entities of the creation. It
is probably a matter of perspective.

And Sri Sankara is reverently referred as Sri
Bhagawatpada.

Swamy SV

--- K Anand <carex at VSNL.COM> wrote:
> Well...what I can make out from your mail is that
> you are under ther
> influence of ISCKON. But your mention of Kanchi
> Paramacharya offers some
> hope. If you are a Smartha (or a follower of Sankara
> Sampradaya) you better
> steer clear from Isckonite ideas as they are
> directly against Advaita and
> reading and listening to their ideas leads to such a
> kind of zealous
> poisoning of mind especially for a novice seeker
> that it will be hard to
> correct.
> Read Parmacharya's works. Deivathin Kural if you
> know Tamil. 7 volumes are
> avialable. Read them all.
> PS  : Please dont use Sripad for our Adi Shankara
> !!!
> Best wishes
> Anand K

=====
in search of truth and with prayers to Govinda to help reach  that goal in this life itself, and with best wishes to you that your goals may be reached,

yours sincerely,