Indra and Vrtra (fwd)

Shrinivas Gadkari sgadkari2001 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Nov 12 18:57:52 CST 2002

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002 14:37:55 -0500, Bhadraiah Mallampalli
<vaidix at HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:
>can tell us :-) However if is gaaayatri is a protector, saavitri can't be
>far behind in protecting so we may have one more tra = protection.
>Protecting the new baby by getting it out and not letting it stay in any
>longer. Just speculating..)

Namaste,

In the word gAyatrI, does the trI not refer to the number three ?
In any case, tra, trI, traya, are (also) associated with the number
three. Can any one comment on relation between tra, trI and 3.

Regards
Shrinivas