New member introduction: V. Krishnamurthy

Mon Nov 18 17:19:59 CST 2002

On Sun, 17 Nov 2002, ravi chandrasekhara wrote:

> It would seem based on the above references to BG
> 18-42, that our Shastras dont state when ones
> qualities are different from their birth based varna
> whether that changes one's sacraments/rituals/diet
> (veg versus non-veg)/ rules regarding marriage, etc.

Not this topic again.  The idea that ones caste is based on anything but
birth is so bogus i can't even summon up the energy to copy and paste the
arguments against it from the last time around.  Instead I refer readers
to Brahmasutra 1.3.34-38 and the bhashya thereon.