Fake Sankaracharya

Wed Nov 20 10:24:11 CST 2002

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Srikrishna Ghadiyaram wrote:

> We Advaitins have done nothing to STOP this imposter maligning the
> institution of Sankaracharya.  There seems to be more than what we know.
> None alerted on this list or otherwise.
>
> This information seems to be important to know, by the
> believers of the Sankaracharya institution.

Actually I received two emails about this from various people.  I deleted
them Without comment.  Why?  If they had stuck to the facts: That Swami
Nischalananda is the true Shankaracharya of Puri and this person was
barred from calling himself by that title by the Orissa high court, I
would have gladly passed on the information.  But instead it was
accompanied by a screed about how this was an insidious Muslim plot to
destroy Hinduism and other over the top stuff.  i don't have time for such
nonsense.

You can't have it both ways.  If you don't want politics in religion, you
have to get all politics out of religion.  If you want to use it to
further some agenda, you have no business complaining when other people
try and do the same.

> Please read the info at the following link.
>
> http://hsita.cjb.net/

This is a perfect example.  It is not a site for Hindus it is a site for
not-Muslims.  Ask yourself, if this fake Shankaracharya had espoused
"Hindutva" would you have heard a peep from the people who run this site?

This is the tragedy of contemporary Indian culture.  There is no shortage
of information but who do you trust?  The level of cynicism amongst young
people is apalling but can you blame them?  All sides are willing to
sacrifice Truth for political considerations.  So Increasingly they are
just saying the hell with it and pursuing hedonism instead.  This is far
more dangerous to the future of our Dharma than the Saudi royal family or
whatever the obsession of the moment is.