FW: The source of silver foil on sweets (fwd)

Wed Nov 20 10:42:12 CST 2002

Venkatraman Chandrasekaran sent me this a while ago to post to the list
but I didn't get around to it.  My apologies to him.

My take on this is you have to ask and make sure if it is a problem with
whoever supplies you with sweets.  I asked a local shopkeeper about it and
he said Jain Munis (he is a Jain himself) had campaigned against this
practice a long time ago and that the people he knew used a machine like a
press to make it.  It is more efficient and he assured me more hygienic.

But ask and make sure.