darbha

Shrinivas Gadkari sgadkari2001 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Oct 9 20:04:24 CDT 2002

>This is an interesting question. But, I do not know if
>there is any subtle meaning for all the accounts of
>the Purana apart from being accounts of the past.
>
>I forget now, there is some background for this Vritra
>also in his previous births. I will read that portion
>and also the portion I narrated already and come back
>to you.
>
>Om Namo Narayanaya !!
>
>Srikrishna

Namaste,

A quick search on the translation of the Rg veda that I have
gave me about 350 references to vRtra ! One would consider even
a single reference in the Rg veda significant. Clearly this slaying
of vRtra was an event of great importance for the Rg vedic seers.
I would be surprised to learn that some petty fight has been glorified
to such an extent in the Rg veda.

Regards
Shrinivas