Distortion of history

Erik Mossel largo at PLANET.NL
Tue Oct 15 05:25:39 CDT 2002

Shri Ganeshaya Namah!

Friends!
To reconsider Indian history, I would advise reading >>Secret of India's
Greatness<< by His Holiness Sri Bharati Tirtha, He was Puri Shankaracharya
who revived Vedic mathametics.
The book contains the texts (in English) of a series of lectures given by HH
in 1933 at the Vasant Mandapa Hall of Shri Skanda Svami Temple, Park Town,
Chennai. They were serialised in the english weekly >>Dharmarajya<< of
Chennai in the same year and reproduced in the >>Kalyan Kalpatary<< of Gita
Pres, Gorakhpur in 1934.
The texts show a completely  transparant way of looking at Indian cultural.
Also in comparison with European history. To me it  was refreshing to read
these articles. They can even be seen as articles in comparatve
relgion/philosophy. Whatever label you put on it, HH goes back to the
beginning of Unity and from there He unfolds His view.
The book has the Blessings (in sankrti) of Anantashri Vibushit Svami
Nishchalanand ji Maharaj, present Shankaracharya of Govardhan Math in Pur.
There is a preface by Gopal Krishna Agarwal. The book is in 1998 published
by Jagriti Prakashan, Noida-201301
Om Tat Sat
Erik