Lakshmi Narayana Temple Pratishta

Vidyasankar vsundaresan at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 4 20:47:49 CDT 2002

>But I am not clear if construction, consecration of temples and the
>execution of rituals therein have been addressed. For example, does it make
>any sense at all to say that X temple follows advaita or Y agama is
>accepted by advaitins?

Actually, it doesn't! I am not even sure there are standardized rules about
temple construction and consecration that would be applicable across the
whole advaita tradition. There is much room for local variation.

As for saying X temple follows advaita, I would not say that unless the said
temple is completely under the management and control of an advaita lineage.

Vidyasankar