Questions

Ashish Chandra ramkisno at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 6 08:39:19 CDT 2002

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002 15:38:29 -0700, Venkatraman.Chandrasekaran at NOKIA.COM
wrote:
>  What I was trying to tell is, in the absence of antakaraNa, consciousness
>alone cannot cause an imprint which is the case when in deep-sleep or in
>coma. In dream-state, mind is active and so we have the memory of our
>experience. But in deep-sleep there is nothing to illumine really. And so
>no imprints can be left. Memory can't be independent of time. Since in
>deep-sleep and coma one plunges into a timeless space, there is nothing
>to imprint.

If I understand you correctly, then there would be no rememberance of the
deep sleep state - not even the affirmation that "I did not know anything"
or "I don't remember anything". I am not saying that this happened to the
consciousness; rather, mind percieved its own absence because memory was
absent. How did it percieve its absence (or dormancy)? How did it know that
its modifications were absent? That is the print that is left on the
antahkarana that can (perhaps) tell us that the antahkarana is not always
around.

Please do correct me if I have wrongly interpreted you.

ashish