The mind according to Sri Shankaracharya.

Jagannath Chatterjee jagchat01 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Sep 10 02:46:25 CDT 2002

> Who said it cannot be conjured up? It can definitely
> be conjured up. Your mind can conjure that you're
> the
> Prime Minister of India. But what I'm saying is -
> conjuring up something in the mind does not
> necessarily make that thing happen in the world.
> Conjuring up in your mind that you're the Prime
> Minister of India does not make you that. There are
> other things you need to do to become that.

But first we need to conjure up the thing in the mind
isn't it? Everything begins in and ends with the mind.

I have read in the Bhagavata (sorry can't remember the
details, mere hand waiving I guess) that whatever that
occurs to the mind can come to pass.

Now what is this mind according to the advaita-vedanta
of Adi Shankaracharya? I am eager to know.

Regards
Jagannath