anupalabdhi

vidya jayaram vidyajayaram at YAHOO.COM
Tue Sep 10 11:24:26 CDT 2002

jaldhar Vyas wrote:

Advaita Vedanta following the Bhatta Mimamsakas accept six valid means of
knowledge.  of this is abhava or non-apprehension is one.

Thanks Jaldharji for the explanation.However I am confused about the two words abhava and anupalabdhi.
Is abhava the same as anupalabdhi ? or
Is it that we know abhava thru anupalabdhi or something like that ?

I remember reading Shri.Vidyasankar's post in another list that abhava is not the same as anupalabdhi.Could Shri.Vidyasankar or someone throw a little more light on that?

Thanks in advance.

Vidya