New member introduction: Chuck Salvo

Thu Apr 17 13:37:07 CDT 2003

Hello,

I was first introduced to Vedanta through Ananda Coomaraswamy and Rene
Guenon (_Introduction to the Study of Hindu Doctrine_ and _Man and his
becoming according to the Vedanta_). Their works convinced me that
Advaita Vedanta encompasses the most pristine teachings of metaphysics.

Since then I have been involved in a study group reading _I am That_ by
Nisargadatta and in a group taught by a student of Dayananda. These two
sages seem to me to be authentic. However, since there are so many other
claimants nowadays to Vedanta-like teachings, I believe it is better to
turn to the roots of Vedanta rather than to rely on contemporary
expositors. That accounts for my interest in this list.

Regards,
Chuck Salvo