Creation theories (was Re: What is the exact meaning/significance of this?)

Vidyasankar vsundaresan at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 22 13:50:34 CDT 2003

>Are you saying that creation never happened or are you saying that it is a
>dream? If it is a dream, is the process of dreaming real or is it again a
>dream, which is again a dream, which is again a dream, which is again a
>dream...

I did not bring up the word "dream" at all, except in response to your
having invoked it when a different poster referred you to ajAti.

What I am saying is this. It is wrong to think of ajAtivAda in terms of a
dream. That is all, pure and simple. To say that there is no event that can
be called creation is not to say that creation is a dream. The two are
quite different philosophical positions.

Vidyasankar