Dasa Avatars(In response to Shri B. Shankar)

Malolan Cadambi cadambi at HOTPOP.COM
Mon Apr 28 13:03:41 CDT 2003

> In BG Krishna says, " When dharma is at risk and adharma dominates, I will
> take an incarnation".
>
> If you interpret dharma in the above statement to mean dharma of Manu or
> varNAshram dharma, then Krishna would be taking an incarnation everytime
> molten metal is not being poured into the poor sUdra's eyes, ears, mouth
> etc, whenever he(the sUdra) studies the vedas.
>
> If you interpret dharma as the rejection of vedic rituals, then you would
be
> accusing Sri Adi Shankara of adharma.

Yudhisthira asks Bhishma in the Vishnu SahasranAma "kO dharma sarva
dharmAnam bhavatah paramO mataha"; "Kim japam muchyater jantu...."

Which is the highest Dharma of all, by chanting whose name will the
jiivatma-s attain mokshA? Bhishma replies that chanting the thousand names
of janardhana who is the jagatprabhu is the means to the higher end.

> And please tell me in what way did Buddha commit adharma?

Simply put: He rejected the vedA-s, which are the source of Dharma. But one
must cognize the fact that there was no violence against Buddhism and other
nAsthika faiths as compared to the west.

Regards,

Malolan