Dating of the Mahabharata

Srikrishna Ghadiyaram srikrishna_ghadiyaram at YAHOO.COM
Mon Apr 28 16:29:06 CDT 2003

Hari Om !!

Based on a recent post from Sri B. Shankar and his
reference of the article by Sri K.V. Venkataramana
Aiyer
(September
1991 Star Teller magazine):
" All my
efforts ending in failure, I was about to give up my
research in
despair on
the eve of a Janmashtami Day in absolute
self-surrender to Him. When I
was
in that prayerful mood, a wonderful horoscope not
hitherto available
flashed before my mind. I immediately pressed all my
astronomical
knowledge
to find out the horoscope. Lo!, my joy knew no bounds
to find the exact
horoscope 44778 days before Gatha Kali in 3224 BCE i.e
125 Lunar (not
solar
years) before Kali Yuga."

where as Sri Sadananda's referred article says "Sri
Krishna's Birth - He was born on 3112B.C. on Friday at
11:40 PM."

These two dates do not seem to match.

Would someone have comments.

Om Namo Narayanaya !!

Srikrishna

--- bhaskar.yr at IN.ABB.COM wrote:
> [...]
> Purnima on Chaturdasi day. This happened once before
> the Mahabharata
> war and again will be happening soon and this will
> lead to our
> destruction".
> He remembered Gandhari's curse on the Yadava kula.
>
> Astrologically a strange phenomenon occurred during
> the Mahabharata
> war. The lunar cycle (paksha - normally is 15 days)
> sometimes happens
> in fourteen days. But during the Mahabharata
> war-time a rare thing
> happened - the paksha got compressed to 13 days.
> (May be 13 is a bad
> number). This aspect has been discussed in the
> Bhiishma parva - 3rd
> Adhyaaya. Guru and Shani are in Vaishaaka, Moon and
> the Sun entered
> in the same house one after the other making
> amaavaasya on the
> Trayodasi day it self . This peculiar condensation
> of the thithiis
> into thirteen from fifteen is a rare phenomenon as
> discussed by
> Vyaasa in Mahabharat and has inevitably followed by
> mass destruction
> due to war. This incident provided a direct means to
> establish the
> precise date of Mahabharat war.
>
> According to Julian calendar this type of planetary
> collusion
> occurred definitely in 3076 BC in November. Vyaasa
> writes:
>
>  caturdashiim panchadashiim
>   bhuuta puurvamca shoodhashiim
>   imaantu naabhi jaaneham
>   amaavaasyaam trayodashiim
>  chandra suurya bhougrastou
>  ekamevam trayodashiim
>  aparvaNi grahaNe tou
>  prajaa sakshapaishyataH||
>
>  " I have seen fourteen days a paksha, fifteen day
> completion or
> extension to sixteenth day also. This amaavaasya
> falling on the
> thirteenth day itself I have never seen before" -
> says Vyasa. That,
> on the same month Sun and Moon eclipses falling
> during the missing
> thithiis is a rare phenomenon, resulting in
> large-scale disaster to
> people.
>
> One month before, in Margashira, during
> Purvaashhaada Nakshatra,
> armies of Pandavaas and Kouravaas have assembled on
> the West and the
> East sides of the Hiranya river , respectively. The
> next day was
> Navaraatri and Durga Puja day. Duryodhana was
> itching for the war.
> That evening Duryodhana sends a word with Sekuni's
> son Ulaka, " We
> have finished the prayer to the arms and everybody
> is ready - why
> there is further delay in starting the war?" The
> next day, Margashira
> Shudda Ekadashi day, in KRittika Nakshatra, the war
> started. Hence,
> the famous Bhagavad Geeta teaching also started on
=== message truncated ===

http://search.yahoo.com