Dasa Avatars

Wed Apr 30 19:11:03 CDT 2003

On Thu, 1 May 2003, kalyan chakravarthy wrote:

> Namaskaaram,
>

> >The Devi Bhagavata says that the purAna-s are the heart of Dharma.
>
> Are you asking me to believe the padma purana? :):):)
> The puranas are not even proper smriti texts.

Where are you getting this notion?  The puranas contain all sorts of
material on Dharma and Moksha.

The Dharmashastra nibandhas quote extensively from Puranas.

The fact that some parts of them (like e.g. in the Padma Purana) may have
been tampered with doesn't tarnish the authority of the genuine ones.