New member introduction: Rajesh Kasturirangan

Fri Jan 10 12:58:21 CST 2003

Dear Advaita-L moderators,
  Thanks for accepting my request to join this list. I
am a graduate student at MIT in brain and cognitive
science. My interest in Advaita-L comes from
(1) A desire to understand the Advaitic perspective on
consciousness and mind,
(2) Understanding the Advaitic critique of the reality
of the phenomenal world and its critique of the
realist accounts of notions such as causality, and,
(3) Understanding the philosophical basis for the
practice of jnana yoga.
I also have a long standing interest in incorporating
insights from the Indic traditions into consciousness
studies.

  regards, Rajesh Kasturirangan