Consciousness Speaks - by Sri Ramesh Balsekar

Srikrishna Ghadiyaram srikrishna_ghadiyaram at YAHOO.COM
Tue Jan 28 14:13:38 CST 2003

Hari Om !!

--- Vidyasankar <vsundaresan at HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:
> Because, then one would have to conclude that this
> Consciousness, which is
> all there is, is the same as the Body-Mind Organism
> (we might as well put a
> capital O here). So, there is no individual doer,
> but there is only a cosmic
> doer and there are actions taking place within this
> Body-Mind Organism.
> Furthermore, if this Organism, which equals God, is
> as real as we are, then
> all of vyavahAra gets reinstated, but without any
> notion of personal
> responsibility. One does not transcend vyavahAra
> merely by saying the
> equivalent of sarvaM khalv idaM brahma.

>One truly
> transcends vyavahAra only
> when one recognizes that there is no karma
> whatsoever in the brahman state.

Would yo please elaborate this statement. It might
help me understand this concept better.

This statement is interesting. As per your
explanation, the concept of Karma in Brahman is
meaningless. Ofcourse, I have similar understanding
that Brahman/Atma is 'akarta' and mere witness, as
illustrated in the Upanishads.

But, in Sri Ramesh's teaching, "all karma is
non-individualistic", meaning the cosmic-doer is doing
the karma. This is at odds with the Upanishadic stand.

> Otherwise, actions will keep coming back in, one way
> or the other, because
> the ignorance that is behind these actions has not
> been destroyed.

Om Namo Narayanaya !!

Srikrishna