[Advaita-l] Sankara Bibliography

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Sun Jul 13 07:38:17 CDT 2003

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003, Min wrote:

> >From the Pande book and from a website I have built up the following
> incomplete Sankara bibliography.

Min this is an excellent idea.  It would be useful if for the books you've
read, you could give a short review of what you liked/disliked about it
etc.  A beginners perspective can be useful sometimes.

Let me know if you need webspace for this.

Oh and one book you should look at is the volume on Advaita Vedanta upto
Shankar and his disciples in the Encylopedia of Indian philosophies
editted by Karl Potter.  (Sorry I don't have further bibliographic info
right now.)  It is a survey of the indological research on the subject to
date and has an extensive bibliography and summaries of the works
described.  The drawback is it only overs the early phase of Advaita
Vedanta.