[Advaita-l] Re: Advaita-l Digest, Vol 2, Issue 1

Jay Nelamangala jay at r-c-i.com
Mon Jun 2 09:20:53 CDT 2003

Dear vidyAshankar,

>>But is this completeness same as Parabrahman's compleness?
>>Shrutis, sootras, and Geeta  in union say - NO.

>Pray, where?

Honestly, I am quite surprised you asked me this question.

I will give just one example from each of prasthAna-traya for starters.
With your knowledge of shAstra,  I am sure you can find many more
similar ones yourself.

In the Geetha,

"bahooni mE vyateetAni janmAni tava chArjuna |
tAnhyaham vEda sarvANi na tvam vEttha parantapa ||
(Arjuna,  you and Me have taken many births already,
you don't know any of them,  but I do know all of them)

What does this teach us?.   That the knowledge of God is
complete  and the knowledge of a jeeva is incomplete.

In the Upanishats,  I have already quoted this one before.
Atleast let us know how you understand this talavakArOpanishat vAkya
before asking me 'Pray ,  where? '.    Any way I have repeated it here:

"yadi manyasE suvedaa iti daharamEvApi noonam,  tvam vEttha brahmaNo roopam"
(If you think you know Brahma-swaroopa well then what you know is very
little indeed).

In the sootras,  "Om prithagupadEshAt Om"

You need some more?  let me know.