[Advaita-l] Re: Advaita-l Digest, Vol 2, Issue 1

Jay Nelamangala jay at r-c-i.com
Mon Jun 2 23:09:01 CDT 2003

VidyAshankar,  namaste.

> Or conversely, why don't you take avyakta in 12.1 as "Unmanifested
> impersonal Brahman"?

We don't  take avyakta in 12.1 to be NirguNa Brahman
because Sri Krishna is talking about "pari-upAsanA" here.
>From what I have learnt,  upAsanA, dhyAna, tapas,
nidhidhyAsanA are all synonyms.

How do you do upAsanA on an attributeless,  inconceivable entity?
What is the advaita understanding of pari-upAsanA here?

I am asking this question,  not for the sake of asking, but I genuinely
would like to know ,  what exactly one does in nirguNOpaasanA?