[Advaita-l] Re: Advaita-l Digest, Vol 1, Issue 32

Kotekal, Srinivas [Non-Employee/0200] srinivas.kotekal at pharmacia.com
Tue Jun 3 12:11:31 CDT 2003

>> I know some situations where in some one born in
>> Madhva or Visishtadvaitings have  adopted sanyasa
>> order in Advaita. I have not come across any reverse
>> situtions.

>The founders of all those other sampradayas :-)

This is factually wrong. Sri Madhva was not an Advaitin to begin with. From
several works, we can trace origin of Dvaita system from ancient Monotheism
of Bhagavatas. From an account in Padma Purana (sampradayae brahmanamina
madhvAchAryah pratistitah.) the school derives from Brahma
(Brahma-sampradaya). The following is the traditional Guruparampara down to
Sri Madhva ;

Sri Hamsa (NarayaNa)
Brahma
The Four Sanas
Durvasa
Jnananidhi   Tirtha
Garudavahana "
Kaivalya     "
Jnanisa      "
Para         "
Sattyaprajna "
Prajna       " (a contemporary of Sri Sankara)
Acyutaprajna a.k.a Purusottama Tirtha
Sri Madhva.

Also, Sri Narayana Panditacharya (son of famous Sri Tivikrama Panditacharya,
who was an Advaitin and later became Sri Madhva's deciple)'s work
'Manimanjari' document the school's lineage.

Regards,
Srinivas.

This communication is intended solely for the use of the addressee and may
contain information that is legally privileged, confidential or exempt from
disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any
prohibited.  Anyone who receives this message in error should notify the
sender immediately and delete it from his or her computer.