[Advaita-l] Re: Advaita-l Digest, Vol 1, Issue 32

Kotekal, Srinivas [Non-Employee/0200] srinivas.kotekal at pharmacia.com
Tue Jun 3 13:55:25 CDT 2003

Namaste,

>Let is not set aside mystics experience. They are
>talking proof of highest knowledge.

How are you so sure that they are talking highest knowledge ? On what basis
?

>How can we ignore them and accept what scriptures say ? After all
>scriptures should not contradict aparoksha jnana.

Well, if you use scriptures to label a particular jnana as 'aparoksha' then
yes scripture should not contradict it's own definition/identification of
such jnana. Without considering scriptures, I am not sure how you are
labeling mystic's knowledge as 'aproksha'. If one considers any mystic is
telling highest truth, then we have to believe every Baba in every nook &
corner of India !

Regards,
Srinivas.

This communication is intended solely for the use of the addressee and may
contain information that is legally privileged, confidential or exempt from
disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any
prohibited.  Anyone who receives this message in error should notify the
sender immediately and delete it from his or her computer.