[Advaita-l] Causal Body

Jay Nelamangala jay at r-c-i.com
Wed Jun 4 12:11:53 CDT 2003

> Jay - the answer has already been provided by Shankara too - saakshee is
> the same as the consciouness that I am.

Both Dvaita and Advaita schools use the same term sAkshee, no doubt.
Both schools accept the necessity for jnAna-prAmANya, no doubt.

The conceptions behind the term  sAkshee-A  ( sAkshee in Advaita)  and
sAkshee-D (sAkshee in Dvaita) are not quite the same.

sAkshee-A is chit.  It is eternal.  It is marked by antahkaraNa.
Therefore it reveals things that are superimposed.   Chit is akhanda.
"sarvam vastu jnAtatayA ajnAtatayA vA sAkshibhAsyam"
(Every object as known or as unknown is revealed by sAkshee-A).

sAkshee-D is sAkshee-Indriya.  The knowledge produced by manas
is apprehended by sAkshee-D.  sAkshee-D does not apprehend the bare
knowledge,  along with knowledge it also apprehends its truth.

sAkshee-A is a passive collector of both true and false knowledge
alike,  where as sAkshee-D is the final validator.
The untruth of knowledge is also recognized by sAkshee-D when there
is absence of coherence.