[Advaita-l] adhyAsa - part VII - evaluation of the difficulties

Jay Nelamangala jay at r-c-i.com
Wed Jun 4 13:55:21 CDT 2003

SriKrishna,

Please read the very first posting for the defn of adhyAsa.
VivaraNa-pramEya-Samgraha (VPS)  as:

"adhyAsastu anyasmin anyatva drishtihi"
(To superimpose is to mistake one thing for another)

> erroneous notion is adhyasa, and it is caused because
> the 'Truth' is not known. This lack of knowledge of
> 'Truth' is because of 'Ignorance'. If you want to

I have just touched upon 'ignorance'.   You may have to
be a bit more patient.

Apart from accusing me,  if you have any other comment
on the subject matter,  let me know.   I will include it
in future articles.

Regards,