[Advaita-l] Causal Body

Jay Nelamangala jay at r-c-i.com
Thu Jun 5 13:36:56 CDT 2003

Dear sadAnanda,

>perceived by saakshee since they cannot be perceived.  Remember
>experience is not a pramaaNa even according to you - pratyaksha,
>anumaana and shabda are only three pramaaNa-s for you.

You are mistaken.

My school says,  "shAstrArtha yuktO anubhavaha pramANam".

Bereft of shAstra,  any amount of loukika experience is not a pramANa
so also,  a shAstrArtha that is in no one's experience is also not
a pramANa.

Therefore,  experience that is in line with shAstrArtha is the only
pramANa when it comes to the knowledge of Parabrahman.