[Advaita-l] vishEsha

Jay Nelamangala jay at r-c-i.com
Fri Jun 6 10:20:42 CDT 2003

Dear sadAnanda,

So when I lift a 10-lb bag of rice,  according to you what
am I lifting?

Am I lifting the substance 'rice' ?  or am I lifting just the
attribute called 10-lbs?

In my school,  the answer is pretty simple.   We are lifting
the dravya   rice which has the savishEsha-abhEda attribute
called 10lbs.

What does advaita say, that I am lifiting.?.   You have been
only asking us questions.   I am still waiting on how you
distinguish between right and wrong knowledge of advaita,
if you think you don't need sAkshee-D?.