[Advaita-l] Interpreting "abhEda" shruti vAkyas

bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Jun 12 05:30:56 CDT 2003

Dear Bhaskar-jI,
>  praNAm prabhuji
>  Hare Krishna

Please don't use part of that sentence ever again,  use the full sentence
if  you ever want to quote it.
"brahma vA idamagra Aseet tadAtmAnamEva avEt 'aham brahmAsmi' iti"
The ever-present Brahman, before creation, thought to Itself as "aham
brahmAsmi".

>  prabhuji, you are asking me too much.  If that is the case, I'll have to
carry not only single verse but whole of Br.Up. to explain why shruti says
aham brahmAsmi.  If you say *Hari SarvOttama - vAyu jIvOttama* is it fair
on my part to insist for the details of contextual meaning of this
statement prabhuji?? Please think that advaitins enjoying the whole
purports of upanishads in an abbreviated form by saying aham brahmAsmi:-))
your problem is resolved :-))