[Advaita-l] neha nAnAsti kiMchana

Jay Nelamangala jay at r-c-i.com
Thu Jun 12 20:43:50 CDT 2003

Dear Kartik Jayanarayanan,

>That interpretation leads to the nonsensical equation
>of guNa = kriya = GYAna = etc.

We are not solving algebraic equations here.

Watch out for Shruti before you call it nonsensical.

"parAsya shaktihi vividhaiva shrooyatE svAbhAvikI jnAna bala kriyA"
(Parabrahman's achintya-adbhtuta-shakti which is natural to Him,
 is expressed differently as His jnAna, His bala,  His kriyA  etc )

There are no distinctions in Brahman is correct.

> Since Brahman in advaita vedAnta is the Supreme
> Reality, it means there are no distinctions in
> Reality.

Brahman in dvaita and v.advaita is also Supreme Reality.

What do you mean no distinctions in Reality?
Advaita teaches pAramArthika satyatva, vyAvahArika satyatva,
prAtibhAsika satyatva etc.
So, it is advaita that teaches distinctions in reality.
All other schools have only one - reality,  or its negation falsity.