[Advaita-l] Neha nAnAsti kimchana

Nomadeva Sharma nomadeva at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 14 07:45:16 CDT 2003

--- Nagarjuna Siddhartha <nagarjunasiddhartha at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear Jay Nelamangala,
>
> >The very first lesson that Shrutis teach is that Parabrahman
> >is not anything like that you know in this mundane world.
> >This is called His jagat-vilakshaNatva.
>

> It is surprising that you say this. Here you are, trying to refute
> some of the concepts of advaita-vedanta by logical and other means,

I don't know if Jay used only logic. Shruti is used more than logic, as
the matters pertain to Brahman.

> There are much better ways to understand "neha nAnAsti kimchana" than
> the one you suggested.

What criteria did you use to evaluate them to be better?

> Since the empirical world is full of

So your analysis starts with this assumption 'empirical' world, but
wouldn't such unwarranted assumptions bring down the quality of your
analysis?

> ego, worldly desires, selfishness etc. But since brahman is also the
> material cause of the world, the world is in its ultimate essence
> brahman only.

'neti neti'.

Regards,
Krishna