[Advaita-l] Advaita-l Digest, Vol 2, Issue 29

Nagarjuna Siddhartha nagarjunasiddhartha at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 14 16:35:51 CDT 2003

Advaita-Vedanta on the other hand tells you that realization of the identity of Atman and brahman is THE required thing.

Jay Nelamangala <jay at r-c-i.com> wrote:
VedAnta also asks you to find out the cause of this world.
Without a knowledge of paratantra, there is no question
of svatantra.

To derive this world from Brahman is JnAna and to
find the cause of this world as Brahman is VijnAna.

"jnAnam vijnAna sahitam yatjnAtvaa mokhyasE ashubhAt"
Both are necessary.