[Advaita-l] ADMIN: Some List Moderation Issues

M. S. Ravisankar ravi at ambaa.org
Mon Jun 16 16:18:30 CDT 2003

Request:
--------

I request  the list members to gives us a few days time so that we can come
up with a comprehensive and a fair approach on few list moderation items.
Till then I assure you that we take note of all comments. I also apologize
for letting some of the threads in the recent past go on and on. We assure
you that in future we will act more promptly.

Selective List Moderation:

One of the main reason we moved to Mailman from ListServ Lite is to allow
selective moderation. We will use this feature effectively to maintain the
decorum of the list. Based on the posting history, we reserve the right to
move a member from unmoderated state to moderated state. For such members,
list moderator has to approve the postings, only then it will be sent out or
appear on the archives. If a message is rejected, basis for rejection will
be sent to the author. Moderators decision is final on these matters.

Thanks.

Ravi