Eternity and apaurusheyatva of vedas

Shrinivas Gadkari sgadkari2001 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Mar 6 13:55:40 CST 2003

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003 18:11:09 +0000, kalyan chakravarthy
<kalyan_kc at HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:
>I think most of the major hindu traditions consider the vedas to be
eternal.
>I dont understand how this can be true. For example, the Katha Upanishad
>could not have been there before the birth of Nachiketa. Another thing is
>the apaurusheyatva of vedas. Is it not illogical to consider the vedas to
be
>apaurusheya? I am sorry if I sound ignorant. I would appreciate any help in
>this matter.

Namaste,

apaurusheya: not created by a MANIFESTED being (this excludes devatas
too, including the trinity).

Consider this: Newton's Laws of motion are apaurusheya, and Newton is
the RShi of these laws. If you can understand this you will not encounter
any problem with the concept of apaurusheya.

Best regards
Shrinivas Gadkari