[Advaita-l] RE: Dasa Avatars(In response to Shri B. Shankar)

S Jayanarayanan sjayana at yahoo.com
Mon May 19 15:02:11 CDT 2003

--- kalyan chakravarthy <kalyan_kc at hotmail.com> wrote:

[..]

> Fortunately, you need not depend on my judgement.
> You can go through the
> karikas yourself. You will find statements saying
> that the Self Itself is
> deluded. It is up to you whether or not you want to
> believe that to be in
> tune with vedanta.

Did you know that the GauDapaadiiya KArikA is
considered to be one of the most important works in
the Shankaran tradition, and that one of the accepted
theories in advaita VedAnta is that the locus of
ignorance is the supreme Self (KArikA 2.19)?

Before you go about making absurd statements, please
try and remedy your ignorance of the advaita
tradition. Suggested readings:

http://www.advaita-vedanta.org/avhp/ad-phil.html

"Upadesasahasri: A thousand teachings" by Sengaku
Mayeda.

-Kartik